Friday, September 17, 2010

When I try to format a slave easier said than done drive the process stays contained by 0 % forever. Why?

I only just installed a hard drive, the computer boots up correctly but when I try to access the info within now drive H: it say that the drive is not formatted. I go ahead and format it and the process seem to be unresponsive. I tried the command prompt and it stays as 0 % forever in "Verifying disk". I get this drive from I friend that had it surrounded by his car for months. Is it possible that the warmth (live in Miami) and the movements messed the tough drive?

When I try to format a slave easier said than done drive the process stays contained by 0 % forever. Why?

Go to the BIOS of the computer, your H/W vendor will narrate u how to go at hand,then run a audition on the HDD, its called the smart trial, it will tell you if the HDD is doomed to failure or not.
I think the concrete drive is damaged.
for window XP you can go to drivers guide.com sign within for free then surrounded by left column find boot disks and find the files for boot disk that formats and particions your sturdy drive.

if you can- run fdisk and particion the hard drive next format it
Format the HDD from MS-DOS or the windows installer.



Thank you, Signed,

Jerrad (Spark) Johnson.

Admin - www.ruger22c.com

No comments:

Post a Comment