Tuesday, September 21, 2010

When should I replace my internal tough drive? Nearly 2 years antiquated...?

I bought my top-of-the-line Sony VAIO nearly 2 years ago for around $2,100. It have a 400 GB internal hard drive, and it have recently started making more pandemonium than usual. As far as operation, it has never have an issue. I recently ordered and received the productive recovery discs from Sony and I plan on wipe my system and starting fresh due to dozens of installs and uninstalls of hardware and software.



I am upgrading my RAM and video card in the subsequent few days. Would it be worth my money to replace my hard drive, or should I resign from well adequate alone? Also, i'm a college student so my money is far from unlimited. Thanks for your input!

When should I replace my internal tough drive? Nearly 2 years antiquated...?

All electronic devices have MTBF (Max Time Before Failure). I found out that most of my computer stuff go wrong at around 2 years of service. I suggest you replace your HD before you start loosing meaningful data.
You could grasp a smaller hard drive to run your OS and preserve the 400 gigabyte hardrive for storage. This way if the 400gb go it won't leave you short having a computer.
Hard drives concluding a very long time but, if you want buy another one and use as a subsidise up just contained by case the other one fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment