Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Where can I buy a cable that would connect my external CD-ROM drive to a USB on my Dell laptop?

I enjoy a Dell laptop (Latitude) and my problem is that the external CD-ROM has a cable that have a very different finish of the cable compared to devices. Most devices like external not easy drives have a USB end. Well, I can only connect that external cd drive to my current Latitude laptop but I can't connect it to my older laptop, also Dell, because it doesn't own the same plug. I be wondering if there is a short "connector" cable out in attendance that has one USB climax and the other would connect to my external drive. The ending from my external looks similar to 2 USB endings combined together ... the following relationship is the closest picture that I found of my drive however I couldn't find anything that would zoom in on this cable. Is in attendance someone out there who is acquainted with this problem? I would appreciate your back.



http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/produ...

Where can I buy a cable that would connect my external CD-ROM drive to a USB on my Dell laptop?

Older laptops didn't come with a firewire (1394 serial port) nouns on them, whereas the newer laptops are equiped with USB and Firewire connections-USB is the rectangular flat connector and firewire is more of a square type nouns. You should be able to buy a 1394 to USB or vise-versa at Fry's electronics, Radio Shack, CompUSA, Bestbuy, or Circuit City. USB be introduced with Windows 95-B and Firewire be introduced with XP, I believe.
i guess u own to call up DELL is here such connector.

if not, stop by any computer hardware shop for enquiry.

Not too sure which country you from but contained by my country, we will always pop in SimLim or Funan IT mall for any PC/technology related stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment